I am not an accountant, but I have always done my own taxes

6:25 PM
I am not an accountant, but I have always done my own taxes -

You Got This - TaxACT Blog
This post originally appeared on TheJuneBride blog.

... so we enter the tax season ...

The whole world excited?

I thought not.

now I'm an accountant, but I have always done my own taxes.

Even as a high school student working a few hours after school, I handled my own EZ 1040 (with some smart parents and a tax preparer [who also happened to be my future mother-in-law] to provide guidance as needed) .

I guess I'm a fan of DIY life. It is not rocket science, but sometimes it feels like that.

As life went on, I ran student loans, got married, bought real estate, had children, started my own small business and purchased equipment, joined a partnership and made charitable contributions, among many other things.

Now, I Am No Accountant, but I Have Always Done My Own Taxes - TaxACT Blog

and my taxes are more complicated too.

In Annex C, more forms, more details to follow.

We used a different online preparation service tax, but when I had to file a Schedule C, I was told that it would cost over $ 65 to file my federal and state return with them.

I had never had any complaints about their service but that was a heavy pill to swallow.

First, I decided maybe it was time to hire a CPA.

After learning their prices and knowing that I would still be to provide all the information organized for them to do, I decided that I shop some more.

Enter TaxACT.

I found through an Internet search.

Currently, they only charge $ 12.99 for a federal declaration of luxury and luxury $ 19.99 for federal and state (they also offer a free federal return basis for everyone!) .

I used the federal version and state since I found there are about 5 or 6 years (who can remember that far?) And they handled everything I I threw on them with ease and convenience.

Annex C above 1040? No problem!

Real business that must be amortized? Of course!

Remember the social security numbers of your children and favorite charities? Of course!

Once you make your first return with them, they remember all your information on the previous year, which saves a ton of strikes and paper cuts.

They prompt you with questions to the correct entry and complete data, will guide you through adding your W-2s, K-1 and other forms, and they have buttons for explain whatever needs explaining along the way.

they show you a side by side comparison of your current return and the return of your last year (if the last year used) so you can see major changes or deviations and check your work.

you can also compare your data to the national average. Filing of the declaration of a state after the fast is federal because they import the relevant data automatically.

Last year, I made File Tax Day and had a small personal celebration because it was done with very little trouble from me.

The next day, another W-2 arrived in the last paycheck of the former employer of my husband. Oops.

So I came back to test the functionality of modified TaxACT. He was free, since we produced the original declaration through them, and he was very quick to do!

Surprisingly not scary or intimidating at all!

I printed amended returns (federal and state) and sent with the little we had. Completed! For real!

So while the tax returns can not be more exciting thing to read on a blog about all things home happy, I will ask that having good experience certainly helps create tax Domestic Bliss in your home!

Give them a try!

#YouGotThis

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar