A Q & A with Buddy 'Cake Boss' Valastro

1:56 PM
A Q & A with Buddy 'Cake Boss' Valastro -

Buddy 'Cake Boss' Valastro lives a pretty sweet life. He used his concert as the owner of Carlo bakery in Hoboken, NJ, in a successful TV show on TLC. And Today Show viewers voted her the best cake in America.

But things are not always so great for the TV star. "My father was diagnosed with lung cancer on my 17th birthday and was gone three weeks later," he said. The death was a terrible shock for Buddy, his mother and four sisters and, since his father does not own life insurance at the time of his death, a terrible burden. "My father was the heart and soul of the bakery, and when he died there was no one else I could try to fill his shoes, "said friend." the day after the funeral, I had to go to the bakery and find a way to keep things going. "

friends eventually abandoned school to work grueling 12 to 18 hour days six days a week. with hard work and sacrifice, he was able to keep 30 people employed and to support his family. But things would have been much more easy if her father had put a life insurance policy in place. "I could have hired more people, worried less and had time to cry," he said.

friends recently served as spokesman Awareness Month Life Insurance, an annual initiative of nonprofit Life and Health Insurance for Education (LIFE). Here is what he has to say about the importance of life insurance and other types of backup plans.

Why do you think some people do not buy life insurance they need?

Some people think they do not need life insurance or think as something they can do without. Or they say they have other financial priorities. The fact is that you never really know what life will throw at you next. Life is crazy in so many different and unexpected ways. Whether to do something stupid like having a wedding cake comes at the wrong wedding or something more serious, like facing the death of a loved one: Life happens! That's why you buy life insurance make sure your loved ones are protected. If you love your family, you should get it.

Why do you think your father has no life insurance?

The irony is that my father was the own life insurance for many years. When my parents started having children, my father bought a life insurance policy. But about six months before his diagnosis, his policy has expired and it was not renewed. I do not know exactly why. The cost could be an issue. My father was 54 years old and smoked, then the coverage became more expensive. He was also a very busy man, and probably thought it was something he could do later.

What would you say to someone on the fence about buying life insurance?

You do not know what tomorrow may bring. Our family certainly did not. So do not take chances with the financial future of your family. Get your planning done-life insurance today.

How long did it take for you to buy a life insurance policy after learning that you'd be a dad?

I got life insurance when my first child was born. I got more than my family grew, my wife and I have four beautiful children. And now that my business really took off, I work with my insurance advisor to add more coverage to make sure that everything I've worked so hard to create will happen to the next generation.

Otherwise, how do you prepare for unexpected life events in your personal and professional life?

When it comes to my work, I always have a backup plan. If one of my elaborate cakes damaged while we indulge, I always sponge cake and sugar extra on hand flowers to create something new. I take the same approach in my personal life, especially with my family. Losing my father at a young age taught me to plan all the events of life, and that what I have done to protect the financial future of my family.

How did you feel to be asked to be the spokesperson for Life Insurance Awareness Month?

It is an honor to be associated with this kind of campaign. If I can prevent other families from having to work as hard as mine did to keep things going after the death of a loved one, I'll consider a job well done.

What you would do more to encourage people to try cake?

people's taste buds are just as different as their life insurance needs. While one person might like red velvet and only need life insurance, another person might like chocolate mousse and need a little more life insurance to protect the financial future of their family. Regarding the cakes, it is always best to try a little of everything, so choose your favorite.

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar