9 reasons to quit Hating on renting

12:31 PM
9 reasons to quit Hating on renting -
renting is awesome

Raise your hand if you've heard this before: "Why do you rent? It's like throwing money into a black hole "

I'm not here to argue the value in building equity through home ownership - that's obvious but. let's be honest: for the price of a down payment, a home inspection and closing costs - the initial costs of buying a home can be prohibitively expensive for someone in their 20s

[

Oh, and do not forget the student loans. the struggle is real.

tenants Companions, stay positive. It's time to stop obsessed with these humblebrags owners who take our newsfeeds. ( So #clumsy - just spilled on my new Pinot Black barn floor recovered wood kitchen good thing I opted for altered finish )

Here's the truth: It is OK that you haven! 't even bought a house. Location may be impressive, especially when you are starting out. Need proof? I give you this list:

1. It is simply easier, financially speaking.

The costs of buying a home is more complicated than renting, especially if one takes into account variables such as mortgage rates, the size of your down payment, taxes and how time you intend to live there. Check out this interactive calculator New York Times to compare the costs of renting versus buying for your situation -. The results may surprise you

2. I do not mow my lawn. Ever

Check your lease, of course -. But in my case, my owner manages. (Technically speaking, his young son makes mowing, but I like knowing that my apathy towards lawn and garden equipment gives the opportunity to learn some responsibility.)

3. smaller space = smaller utility bills.

I doubt that I adapted to right on the tiny house living room, but comfortable apartment is perfect.

4. Smaller space = less time spent cleaning.

It takes me one Saturday morning to knock out the essentials.

5.

My bit refrigerator Piquet, maintenance services. Dust last year. Guess what? Not my problem. A call to my landlord and I had to replace it at no charge out-of-pocket. (As in the example of mowing the lawn above, it is a good idea to check your lease to see what repairs your landlord does and does not cover.)

6. Yes, I can still have a dog.

It is true that pets places are harder to find, but it is impossible.

7. Yes, I can still hang stuff on the walls.

For my lease, it is fair game as long as I patch the holes before I moved. Hopefully I can find a good tutorial to YouTube when the time comes.

8. I can move in a pinch.

If there is one thing that is more stressful than buying a house, it sells a house. Not for tenants! In my case, I just give my 0-day notice, pack my things and hit the road.

9. I am protected with large ERIE of renters insurance.

renters insurance is a must if you live alone, because the policy of your landlord does not usually cover something happens to your property. ERIE of renters insurance also covers other things, such as temporary living expenses and personal liability - all at a cost from about $ 10 per month *

Full disclosure :. I am an employee of REA full time, but I m ​​satisfied customer, too. ERIE I had since I started driving, so when it was time to add a renters policy, I knew exactly where I wanted to shoot. Also: The purchase both a tenant and a car insurance policy may qualify you for a discount multipolicy. In some cases, the discount actually pays for tenants policy. *

Find ERIE agent in your area to help you covered.

* Individual policies may differ. Discounts subject to eligibility criteria and rates and rules in effect at the time of purchase. For more information visit erieinsurance.com or your local agent ERIE

.

Click here for information on the applicable terms, conditions and exclusions. Click here for information society state, city and.

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar